- ½ large red bell pepper minced (remove seeds and stem)
- 1 cup minced purple onion
- 1 carrot, peeled, ground into tiny pieces with the S blade of the food processor
- ¾ cup broccoli, chopped fine with the S blade of the food processor
- 2-4 Tbsp water, only as needed
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups walnuts soaked overnight, soak water discarded
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp dried dill weed
- 1-2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (for binding)
- Place vegetable ingredients in a bowl.
- In food processor, add walnuts, 2 Tbsp water, dill weed, salt and lemon juice. Blend until creamy, adding more water only if needed.
- As walnut mixture blends, stop the processor several times to push down the mixture that has crept up the sides of the bowl using a spoon or spatula.
- Pour walnut mixture into the vegetable mixture. Stir well.
- Ensure the mixture can spread on sandwich bread without falling apart.
- To insure binding, add 1 Tbsp ground flax seed and mix well.
© Adorning Grace 2012