Fall is in the air and there isn't a much better place on earth to enjoy God's creation than northern NH. The leaves are beautiful, the air is crisp and the smell of wood stoves and pine are abundant.
This time of year always sends me in search of new recipes that include pumpkins or apples (or both!). I'm re-posting one of our favorite recipes for Pumpkin Spice Latte, (from the Allrecipes.com). Enjoy!
- 3 cups hot whole milk
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a tiny pinch of ground ginger
- 6 ounces double-strength brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
- 3 pinches pumpkin pie spice
- Combine the hot milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender; blend until frothy. Pour the mixture into 3 coffee mugs to about 2/3 full. Pour 2 ounces coffee into each mug. Garnish each mug with whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice.