It's 1G9 that took me all day long! Maybe I'm trying to do too much? She's a complicated case. Not only does she have a speech issue but she seems dyslexic although we don't have an "official" dx. She's really behind and I would love to see this year be the year that she really grasps reading. Her spelling is *atrocious* and that is putting it mildly. So, with all that in mind, I've tried to tailor her day to what she needs. This is what we did today:
- Computer based speech program - it took her just over an hour to complete the lesson
- ACE grade 3 Math: 4 pages (after nearly an hour of what should be review, she still only completed two pages)
- History: Grade 4 A Beka ; I did most of the reading and had her follow along in her book and read small paragraphs occasionally. I also had 4 words that she wrote out definitions for.
- AVCO Sequential spelling, grade 2: THIS took FOREVER! I'm not convinced it works, although I've heard a lot of good about it. Oh, and it's boring. But if it works, I don't mind the boredom.
- A Workbook for Dyslexics: We got 1/2 way through one lesson.
suggestions please!?!? I still have supper to get through, papers to correct and tomorrow to plan. I'm ready for bed and it's only 4pm!
© Adorning Grace 2011